Privacy & Cookies
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
Our fundraising promise to you
- We will never share your data with any other organisation for marketing purposes
- We always aim to send you a personal thank you for your donation
- We only send marketing communications to those who have explicitly given us consent to do so
- We promise to provide information about our work so you can see how your money is being spent and the difference you’re making. To do this though, we need your permission to send you marketing communications.
- If you tell us that you don’t want us to contact you in a particular way, we won’t
- If you sign up to give us a regular monthly gift by direct debit, we won’t ask you to increase that monthly gift for at least a year
- We work to best practice, and will take appropriate action promptly if we fail to meet our standards
- We will answer your questions. You can reach us from 9am – 5pm on 01507 525 999 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
- Monitor your use on our website and gather analytics to help us improve your browsing experience
- Remember your preferences to personalise your visit
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website
- Personalise our website and display information relevant to you
- Help us improve the usability of our website
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
Controlling your data
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners by email, telephone, text message or post
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at: Units 5 – 8 Birch Court, Boston Road Industrial Estate, Horncastle, LN9 6SB.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
However, there are special situations in which we may need to share access to your Personal Information without your explicit consent. For example;
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. An admin fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Units 5 – 8 Birch Court, Boston Road Industrial Estate, Horncastle, LN9 6SB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the lives.org.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Units 5 – 8 Birch Court, Boston Road Industrial Estate, Horncastle, LN9 6SB